1) The piano intro of "Tonight Tonight" by Bill Champlin.
2) The bridge of "I Can Wait Forever" by Air Supply (Does anyone know if
this is David or Jay singing?)
3) The chorus of "The Only One" by Lionel Richie
4) The bridge of "Lorraine" by Kenny Loggins
5) The solo by Peter Cetera on "Voices that Care"
6) The beginning of "Love at Second Sight" where David sings "And in the
morning, I think it's gonna last somehow".
From: mitz@HQ.Ileaf.COM (Mitsuru Niwa)
1. his arrangement on "hard habit to break" -- simply outstanding.
2. every song on SYMPHONY SESSIONS, especially "we were so close" --
his emotional piano work is one of the reasons i love his music.
3. the way he uses rhodes and piano on "tonight, tonight".
1) The Ballett (From "Symphony Sessions") - about 3:36 into the song where
the strings build up and then tumble down as they modulate. I miss that
Jeremy Lubbock influence.
2) Home Movies - Where the low strings come in. I believe the chords are
something like: A/F#, Bm, Em, A/F#, Bm, etc.
3) Shining Through (Miki Howard) - Towards the end during the bridge.
4) Hold Me Till The Morning Comes (Paul Anka) - The whole beginning and
especially the part "After all, I'm the one who said were through. . . "
5) The River (Carmen) - All the key changes.
6) This Time (Neil Diamond) - The whole string intro and 1st verse.
7) Love Lights the World - At the end when the song unexpectedly modulates
back down again.
8) Through the Fire - The whole Chorus.
9) Nothin' you can do about it - Verse leading up to Chorus
10) And When She Danced - Last Chorus
11) What About Me - (Kenny Rogers, Kim Carnes, James Ingram) - The part that
goes "I nearly go insane, each and every time I hear you . . . whisper my
name . . . I feel the same . . . when I'm around you."
12) Dont Ask The Reason Why - (From Secret of My Success) - The first verse
13) Tears are not enough - (From We Are the World) - The whole song,
especially the bridge "And if we could fly . . . together you and I . . . )
14) Voices that Care - Celine Dion's solo and Warren Weibe's solo at the end.
1. Flight of the Snowbirds
3. Home Movies (from Stealing Home)
to be continued.
|Back To David Foster's Page|